Sex can benefit everything from a man’s short term mood, to long term problems regarding cardiovascular health and even reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Good sexual health is vital to a man’s overall physical, emotional, and psychological health. It’s imperative that men remember that regular sexual activity is more than recreational, some other benefits include:
1. Burns calories. Rather than going for a jog, running up some stairs, or going for a swim, sex raises men’s heart rate and burns hundreds of calories.iso 45003
2. Relieves stress. Regular sexual activity has been scientifically proven to positively affect stress levels and increase a person’s overall well-being. Having sexual intercourse releases feel-good endorphins, which in turn lowers anxiety.
3. Reduces pain. Other than improving intimacy with your partner, a hormone known as oxytocin causes a release of endorphins, which alleviate pain caused by headaches or arthritis.
4. Improves sleep. In addition to relieving pain, oxytocin has also shown that the increased levels of the hormone, which are released during an orgasm, significantly improve how a person sleeps at night. Getting a good nights rest has been linked with numerous health benefits, such as maintaining a healthy weight and blood pressure.
5. Improved cardiovascular health. Studies have shown that men who have sex more than three times a week can reduce the risk of experiencing a heart attack and stroke.
6. Boosts immunity. What most people don’t realize is that regular sexual intercourse has been linked with an increased level of immunity.
7. Improve strength. In addition to burning calories and reducing stress, sex increases testosterone production, which strengthens bones and muscles. Men that have low testosterone levels typically have a decreased libido, fatigue, and experience depression.
It’s every man’s desire to establish and to maintain a good relationship with his partner. The benefits listed above should provide some helpful insight as to how sex can help improve your sex life beyond a recreatio